DFAT | Process Optimisation
The client needed to improve its workflow management, and gain insights into possible management information system solutions.
- A collaborative understanding of the current state, including identification of strengths and challenges with current resources and systems
- Clearly articulated future-state with high stakeholder buy-in
- A detailed options paper with fully-costed IT workflow solutions and implementation approach
- High stakeholder commitment to change
- A practical, easy to follow approach to implementation
Organisational restructures often provide an opportunity to optimise processes and workflows.
Following a restructure resulting in the formation of the Passport Policy and Operations Section (PPOS), the Australian Passport Office (APO) engaged Grosvenor to assess and improve the section’s workflow management. This involved optimising time-critical processes and systems to administer passport applications and customer correspondence, including reducing processing times and effort
Our consultants undertook a comprehensive mapping exercise and assessment of current processes and systems. A market assessment of possible IT workflow solutions together with options assisted in the mitigation of compliance, reputational and security risks associated with the work of the PPOS team.
As a result, our client is now able to manage effectively and efficiently its workflow through customer-centric and practical processes as well as enhanced systems.
“(Grosvenor’s consultants) were always available to meet with members of the team or to have a discussion regarding the next steps. The quality of advice provided was excellent. They communicated well with members of the team and put people at ease to comfortably talk about their work processes”
– Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade